04 July 2018 03:07PM
However, the problem faced by people when filing an FIR is that the process can often prove to be very tedious and some might even fact harassment at the hands of the police or non-cooperation if the police refuse to register the complaint/ FIR.
On the other hand, the police too are hard pressed to perform well when their work conditions are less than ideal. Many police stations are often understaffed and are overburdened by work. This makes processes that involve interacting with the public like filing FIRs a tedious task for the police officers which often leads to them coming off as apathetic or rude.
In order to make the process of filing FIRs easier, convenient and quick police departments in various cities have now made online FIRs available on their websites. Through online FIRs, people can now file FIRs with the police on their websites. The facility also allows them to track stolen vehicles and check the progress of their FIRs. Online FIRs have the benefit that they not only save people on time and money but also save them the trouble of being harassed by the police. Online FIR registration also gives the police more time to complete their own pending work, allows them to respond quickly and enables them to follow up on FIRs more effectively. It should be noted that online FIRs are usually meant for minor offences and one should visit the police station in person for registering FIRs for grave offences like murder or rape.
Given below is the procedure for filing an FIR online with the police of the four metropolitan cities of India: New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
In order to file an online FIR with the Delhi police, following the steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the website of the Delhi Police at http://www.delhipolice.nic.in
2. At the home page, click on the option listed as ‘Citizen Services’. You will be directed to a page which enlists a number of online services that the Delhi Police provides.
For filing FIR for lost possessions:
3. On the Citizen Services page, click on the Lost and Found option.
4. Under the heading of the Lost Article Report in the Lost and Found page, four headings should be visible: Retrieve; Register; Search Found Articles and FAQ. Click on the Register option.
5. You will be taken to the registration page wherein details with being sought including the complainant’s name, address, email ID and description of the lost objects.
6. After filling in the form, click on the Submit button.
7. An e-FIR will be sent to your email address in PDF format.
E-FIRs can also be filed for thefts and thefts of motor vehicles. All the options are available at the Citizens Service page of the Delhi Police website. A similar procedure of registration (which asks for the complainant’s name, email address and phone number) has to be followed for the filing of all e- FIRs.
For filing of a complaint with the Mumbai police, follow the given procedure:
1. Visit the website of the Mumbai police at https://mumbaipolice.maharashtra.gov.in
2. On the right-hand side of the page, scroll down the drop-down menu of the Contact Us option.
3. You will see an option titled Lodge A Complaint.
4. In the Complaint/ e-FIR form, you will have filled up some details which include your name, address, email ID, phone number and also the complaint that has to be registered. You will also have to choose the police station that has jurisdiction from the list in the drop-down menu.
5. Next, to the option which asks you for your email ID, there is a button which reads ‘Get Code’. An OTP (One Time Password)/ Authoring Code will be sent to the given email address which is needed verifying the complaint and to enable the complainant to submit the complaint. The complaint can only be registered upon entering the correct Authorising Code.
6. Once the complaint is submitted, an FIR Number/ Complaint Number will be generated which shall be used by the complainant for tracking the status of the complaint in the future.
It must be noted that the e-FIR/ complaint can only be registered for non- cognizable offence which is not of serious nature. For all major crimes, which are usually cognizable offences, the complaint/ FIR cannot be made online and has to be made in person at the police station. Such major offences include crimes like murder, rape, theft, extortion, assault, attempt to murder, theft of motor vehicles etc.
In order to file a complaint or e- FIR in Kolkata, follow the given steps:
1. Visit the website of Kolkata Police at http://www.kolkatapolice.gov.in/
2. Scroll down the home page and click on the icon titled Report A Crime.
3. The page will ask you information about the complaint as well as contact information. This includes the complainant’s name, address, email address as well as the relevant police station. You will also have to fill in a description of the incident that has to be reported.
4. Upon selecting the Send button, the complaint will be sent to the Kolkata Police and a confirmation for the same will be sent to the complainant’s email account.
It should be noted that online complaint/ e-FIR can be filed only for minor crimes. Moreover, the Kolkata Police website also explicitly states that responses to complaints filed online will not be addressed on an immediate and urgent basis.
To file an online FIR or complaint with the Chennai police, following the steps are given below:
1. Visit the Tamil Nadu Police website at http://www.tnpolice.gov.in/
2. On the list of Online Services on the homepage, select the option Register Online Complaint. Clicking on the option will take you to the page where online complaints can be registered.
3. The complaints page consists of four sections:
a. First, you need to enter in the correct district of Tamil Nadu in which you want to file the complaint.
b. Second, you will need to enter in details about yourself. This includes filling in your name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number and your email ID.
c. Third, you will need to enter details about the about the complaint you want to file. You will have to select the type of crime that you want to report followed by the date and place where the crime took place. You will also have to type in a short description of the crime.
4. Lastly, the Tamil Nadu police website allows you to attach any documents to the complaint that you would like to share with the police.
5. Once the form is filled, enter the verification code at the very bottom of the page and press the Register button.
First Information Reports can be filed online with the Jharkhand police at their website https://jofs.jhpolice.gov.in/
There are two methods of filing an online FIR with the Jharkhand police: either using the Aadhaar card as identity proof or using other forms of identification.
If using the Aadhaar card for registration of FIR, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Enter in your Aadhaar number at the home page of Jharkhand police at https://jofs.jhpolice.gov.in/
• Opt for OTP verification. You will receive a One Time Password on your phone number that has been registered with Aadhaar
• Upon entering this One Time Password, you will be taken to the complaint form with the details of the complainant (as registered with Aadhaar) already filed in.
If filing the online complaint without using the Aadhaar card, follow the below-mentioned steps:
• Go to the website of the Jharkhand police at https://jofs.jhpolice.gov.in/
• On the bottom right corner of the box which is titled as ‘Instant Registration Using Aadhaar’, click on the text which says ‘Please Click Here’.
• You will be directed to the complaint form page. Fill in the required information into the form. You will have to fill in the following details:
o Personal details: Name, age and gender of the complainant
o Full address of the complainant along with the pin code
o Contact details of the complainant that include the complainant’s email address, phone number and mobile phone number.
o A soft copy of the identity document of the complainant. The complainant will have to enter in the identification number and also upload a digital copy of the identity proof. The digital copy should be less than 3 MB in size and be of jpg, doc, docx or pdf format. The following documents of identity can be used by the complainant to register the online complaint with the Jharkhand police:
Voter identity card
• Next, the complainant will have to enter in the district in which the crime took place from the drop-down menu in the form. The complainant also has to fill in the exact name of the place whether the incident occurred.
• After filling in above-mentioned information, the complainant has to fill in the details of the complaint. From the drop-down menu of the ‘Topic’ header, the complainant has to select what type of complaint he or she is going to file: it can be a criminal complaint or a cyber crime complaint. The complainant can also choose the Miscellaneous option if his or her complaint does not fall into any of these categories.
Thereafter, the complainant has to fill in the Subject of the complaint and write down the details of the crime that he or she wants to report. The applicant can also attach documents or other attachments to the complaint. However, such attachments have to be less than 3MB in size. They can be either in jpg, doc, docx or pdf format.
• Lastly, the complainant has to enter in the One Time Password if required. After the form has been filled in, the complainant can now submit the complaint.
• The status of the complaint filed by the complainant can also be checked online on the website of the Jharkhand police. On the top right corner of the website, click on the option titled JOFS FIR status.
• Enter your mobile number or email address as well as the complaint ID and you can see the status of your complaint.
Online complaints can be filed with the Orissa police by following the below mentioned procedure:
• Visit the website of Orissa police at https://citizenportal-op.gov.in/citizen/login.aspx
• Click on the ‘Complaint’ option located in the middle of the homepage.
• In order to register the complaint, the complainant has to first register with the Citizen Portal facility of the Orissa police. For this, click on the ‘Register’ option that is provided in the second last bullet that is displayed on the screen.
• You will be taken to the Citizen Registration page wherein you will have to fill in your details like your name, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth, the Login ID that you would like and also the password that you would like for your Citizen Portal profile.
• Thereafter, you can file the complaint on the website.
• If you already have a Citizen Portal account then login through the Orissa police homepage and you can file the complaint thereafter.
• Once a complaint is filed in the Citizen Portal, the complainant will be provided with a registration number and also be sent an acknowledgment.
• At the same time, the Officer in Charge of the Police Station will receive an alert that a complaint has been filed online and the Officer will carry out the necessary actions.
• When enquiring into the complaint, the complainant may also be contacted by a police officer.
18 September 2018 12 14 PM
Calcutta police can now track traffic cases against any vehicle online, allowing graded fines to be imposed for offences. Vehicle owners too can track pending cases and pay fines online.Below we have provided the details and procedure of Kolkata Traffic E Challan payment mechanism and how to check t
14 September 2018 04 08 PM
As per PCDA(P) , Allahabad Circular No. 584 dated 07 Sep 2017, the broadbanding has been allowed to be granted to all qualified disability pensioners who have retired after 31 Dec 15. In like manner, broadbanding instances of every such retiree are being embraced by NAVPEN.
08 August 2018 02 58 PM
Above all else, any agreement is substantial or valid on stamp paper of rupees fifty. Agreement to rupees ten isn't legitimate. Rupees ten stamp paper is for affidavits and declarations as it were. Anyway legitimacy of the agreement does not rely on stamp paper. It thoroughly relies on the s
07 August 2018 02 47 PM
As indicated by Indian Trust Act, a trust might be framed for many different purposes, for example, Public Charitable Trust and Religious Trust. A Charitable Trust is made with the end goal of the advantage of the overall population or humanity. This sort of trust can be shaped by a person who cheri
04 August 2018 12 33 PM
In today's world, we can see the existence of various types of claims such as marital claims, personal claims, health claims, equity claims, insurance claims etc. In all these claims we have an accidental claim that has grown with the development in the present time.
03 August 2018 04 13 PM
Police verification is a character authentication in which local police station checks the status of the individual whether engaged with any unlawful act mostly heinous crime and furthermore gives a report of pending, disposed off cases
02 August 2018 11 25 AM
Encumbrance Certificate is one in every of the foremost very important documents once getting a property. If you're a vendee or getting ready to perform a transfer of property, reading regarding EC is important in guaranteeing a swish and legal proceeding fee transaction.
01 August 2018 12 46 PM
The two forms of case status officially recognized by Indian Courts are "Pending" and "Decided". Decided alludes to cases in which "no further proceedings remain to be directed as proved by the last judgment or other order of the court." [Trial Rule 77(G) (1)]
27 July 2018 05 18 PM
Validity of an agreement is determined by the Indian contract act. If two persons capable of contracting enter into an agreement for a lawful purpose and if there is a consideration (both the parties get something and loose something) - agreement is a valid contract unless expressly declared to be v
27 July 2018 05 12 PM
What Is a Will? Statutory Definition of ‘Will’: The term ‘Will’ is defined under ‘Section- 2(h)’ of The “Indian Succession Act, 1925”, means the legal declaration of the intention of a testator with respect to his property which he desires to be carri
27 July 2018 05 01 PM
Drunken driving is an offence in India, like many other countries worldwide. The object of making it an offence under law is to improve road safety by seeking to bring down the number of accidents and fatalities caused by driver’s fault. We really can’t blame the authorities for thinking
27 July 2018 04 31 PM
Charity is a practice of voluntary giving of help. The term can also be used with organizations, Section 8 companies (non-profit companies under the Companies Act, 2013), societies, trusts, etc. Not all non-profit organizations are charitable organizations. Some charitable organizations may be estab
24 July 2018 05 17 PM
Most of the people have a fear of going to the police station when a crime happens. There is generally a feeling that registering a complaint is a tough procedure or the police won't agree to file the complaint/FIR.
24 July 2018 01 41 PM
A man rules from his grave as regards to the devolution of his property after his death. A will is the intention of the person (testator) and his plans of what he wants to do with the property which he had acquired throughout his life. A will is the intention of a person for the time being as to who
23 July 2018 05 22 PM
Bail implies an order of release of an individual from jail and frames a vital piece of our criminal justice system which assumes each man innocent until (conclusively) proven guilty. Bail is conceded during the pendency of the trial of an appeal.
23 July 2018 05 13 PM
A standout amongst the most imperative records issued by Building Control is the Completion Certificate. This is the last stage in the application procedure, finishing the procedure. Building Control Surveyors complete nearby reviews at different phases of development. On agreeable completion of the
20 July 2018 05 40 PM
"Interlocutory application" implies an application to the Court in any suit, appeal or proceeding already instituted in such Court, other than a proceeding for execution of a decree or order.
19 July 2018 05 09 PM
Retail investors make a huge amount of money for providers or the brokers from Binary Options but rarely for the customers. The Indian version differs from the U.S. Majority of the customers are gamblers and pay house edge
18 July 2018 04 36 PM
Punishment for criminal breach of trust. —Whoever commits criminal breach of trust shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
18 July 2018 04 20 PM
What is Rectification deed? Rectification or Confirmation deeds are also known as amendment deeds. They are entered between two parties to correct any mistakes made in a previous deed. These errors may include typing mistake, spelling mistake, mistakes in property description, or any other mistake
18 July 2018 02 48 PM
Recovery suit or summary procedure is given in Order 37 of the Code of Civil Procedure. Whose question is to condense the strategy of the suit in the event that the respondent isn't having any defence?You can document Summary Suit even without serving notice. There is no particular necessity
18 July 2018 02 25 PM
The Contempt of Courts Act of 1971 is a standout amongst the most powerful statutes in the country. There have been few laws passed since 1926 to govern the law of contempt in the country, the current one being The Contempt of Courts Act, 1971 which was last amended in 2006.
17 July 2018 05 15 PM
What is an insolvency petition? As stated in section-10 of The Provincial Insolvency Act, 1920 Conditions on which debtor may petition.— 1. A debtor shall not be entitled to present an insolvency petition, unless he is unable to pay his debts and— a) his debts amount to five hundred
17 July 2018 05 10 PM
Part XI in the Indian Penal Code, 1860 manages 'False Evidence and Offenses against Public Justice'. Recording false testimony and prevarication goes under Chapter XI of the IPC.
17 July 2018 05 03 PM
There are different classifications that can be covered under the domain of harassment at working place against the representatives because of which the workers need to endure embarrassment and Mental Torture and are often exploited by their respective supervisors.
17 July 2018 04 38 PM
E-Registration Fees Collection framework is a protected electronic method for Collection of Registration Fees alongside the Other Charges and installment system to the State Government. It is a stage towards e-Governance which guarantees that Registration expense and Other Charges paid by open achie
17 July 2018 02 59 PM
What Is An Affidavit For Gap In Education? Gap year is a taking off year before joining the college/university. Gap between studies can cause because of numerous reasons, for example, Gap because of occupation, because of different exams and some more.
17 July 2018 02 37 PM
The National Consumer Court has ruled that an educational institution is bound to refund admission fee of a student if he/she opts out before a course has started and the vacant seat goes to another candidate.
17 July 2018 02 12 PM
Who is eligible to file for getting an OBC certificate? i. In accordance with Notification No.F.28(93)/91-92/SCST /P&S/4385-95 dated 20-01-1995 of Govt. of NCT of Delhi, 53 Castes have been notified as Other Backward Castes (OBCs) for the purpose of reservation of 27% vacancies in Civil posts/s
16 July 2018 05 50 PM
WHAT IS A CRIMINAL CASE? A criminal case, in common law jurisdictions, starts when a man is associated with a crime is arraigned by a grand jury or generally accused of the offense by a government official called a prosecutor or district attorney. A criminal case may in a few jurisdictions be sett
16 July 2018 05 04 PM
INTRODUCTION: LIC stands for Life Insurance Corporation. This is the main insurer in India People buys insurance policies to pay the premium, LIC provides financial protection to the insured in those policies.
16 July 2018 04 55 PM
What is a rent agreement? A rental agreement is fundamentally a contract, regularly composed, between the owner of the property and a tenant who needs to claim a temporary ownership of the property as distinguished from a lease that is a lot of usually for a hard and fast term. As a minimum, the ag
16 July 2018 04 38 PM
As a business or an HR administrator, sooner or later will undoubtedly confront the unavoidable. A RESIGNATION – Yes, resignations are a vital part of expert associations, particularly developing business. Now and again, you may have the capacity to take a renunciation in your walk. Be that as
16 July 2018 04 24 PM
If you are from CBSE Board then according to Rule 69.1 of the Examination Byelaws, change in name of competitor/father/mother/watchman once entered in the Board's record at any stage while contemplating in Class IX, X, XI, XII or from that point inside a time of ten years from the date of is
16 July 2018 04 01 PM
The first thing which needs to be explained is what actually is disposing of? Case status is said to be disposed-off in the legal terminology when the case proceedings are completed. Contingent upon whether it’s a suit, an application, a writ petition, a motion or a chamber summons so far as
16 July 2018 02 27 PM
Everybody doesn’t write wills. Some people simply leave their properties without telling about the succession. This is the point at which the individual has 'died intestate' meaning who dies without having a made a will. Heirs ought to get what is legitimately theirs. Now a day
16 July 2018 01 21 PM
Birth certificate is issued by Government. It is the very first certificate issued to a person by the Government which acts as an address proof and which is used to get any certificate in future even to get admission in school.
16 July 2018 01 19 PM
Birth certificate is issued by Government. It is the very first certificate issued to a person by the Government which acts as an address proof and which is used to get any certificate in future even to get admission in school.
16 July 2018 01 00 PM
Meaning of Disposed Off The dictionary meaning of the term ‘dispose off’ means “to get rid of” something. Thus, when you file a case, it is either decreed or dismissed. In view of the decree, the case has reached its conclusion with the passing of the judgment by the Honor
13 July 2018 05 04 PM
What is a Legal Heir Certificate? At the point when the head of the family or a relative passes away then the following lawful beneficiary of that individual can apply for the legal heir certificate.
11 July 2018 10 54 AM
Besides paying for a rooftop over your head and keeping the lights on, a phone bill is presumably the highest priority on your list as an "essential" month to month cost. If you don't pay your cell phone bill, your record will go into overdue debts. Your telecommunication c
10 July 2018 03 09 PM
Introduction Separation being an evil, it must stay away from beyond what many would consider possible. Be that as it may, once in a while this evil turns into a need. When it becomes impossible for the parties to bear on their association/union with shared love and warmth, it is smarter to enable
10 July 2018 02 45 PM
Hardly any individuals cruise through existence without borrowing. With a couple of special cases, nearly everybody takes a loan to purchase a car, to build a house, to pay for a school education or cover a medicinal emergency. Loans are almost omnipresent as are the agreements that give certificati
10 July 2018 02 34 PM
What is a stamp duty? Before financial gain and consumption taxes were considerable assets, governments raised revenue through property taxes, import duties and stamp duties on monetary transactions. As financial gain and consumption have big, though, it'd have created sense to try to away with sta
10 July 2018 02 19 PM
Arya Samaj is a reform movement of the Hindu religion, founded and led by Swami Dayanand Saraswati in 1875. Citing the pre-eminence of the Vedic principles, as the eternal truth, the reformist preacher rejected all the later accretions to the Vedas and the same is, oppose idolatry, animal sacrifice,
10 July 2018 01 10 PM
On a surprise passing of a relative, a legal heir certificate must be acquired to build up the relationship between the heirs and deceased for claims identifying with the annuity, provident store, gratuity or other service benefits of local and state government divisions. A legal heir certificate en
10 July 2018 12 48 PM
WHAT IS A STAY ORDER (IN INDIA)? A stay of proceedings is a decision by the court to ensure the status quo in common and criminal methodology; stopping further lawful process in a preliminary or other lawful continuing. The court can in this way lift the stay and resume the proceedings in view of o
10 July 2018 12 34 PM
Creamy layer is the word which is used in Indian politics, which refer to the well-educated and more well-educated members of OBC, which is not eligible for government-sponsored academics and business benefits program. The term was introduced in 1971 by the Sattanathan Commission, in which it was in
09 July 2018 05 58 PM
The law applicable to the possession and use of guns by Indian civilians is the Arms Act of 1959. To own a gun or any similar arms in India, one has to undergo a long application procedure that can be expensive as well.
06 July 2018 05 46 PM
The Hyderabad Traffic police allow its residents to check the status and also pay their challans online. This article provides you with the method of paying off challans over the internet, called the e-challan and also gives a list of road and traffic offences in Hyderabad. For more information on H
04 July 2018 03 07 PM
Section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 states that when a cognizable crime is committed, every information related to it shall be noted by the police officer to whom such information is relayed orally and be read over to the informant after taking it down in writing. The written documen
02 July 2018 12 38 PM
For various reasons, one might want to get their names changed or corrected in the CBSE mark sheet or certificate of class 10 and class 12. CBSE has a set procedure allowing for such name changes or name correction.
29 June 2018 03 27 PM
The Muslim law of inheritance derives its principles from four principal sources of Islamic law which are: the holy Koran, the Sunna i.e. the practice of the Prophet, the Ijma i.e. the consensus of the learned men of a community on a particular point of law and the Qiya i.e. the analogical deduction
09 June 2018 12 27 PM
What is Anticipatory Bail? Anticipatory bail is a special type of bail which is can be sought by a person even before he is actually arrested. Anticipatory bail is governed by Section 438 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) which states that if a person has reason to believe that he may be arr
05 January 2018 11 34 PM
Legal Resolved is a creative new age law office, where customers use on refresh, inside and out information to adjust to advancing business condition. With about a time of our quality, they have worked with various high effect innovation organizations, extensive corporates, high development new comp
17 August 2017 01 13 PM
Controversies have a power of shaping the outcome of an incident, altering the course of an event, and sometimes even setting right what could otherwise have gone wrong; while on the other side of the coin, it also sometimes ruins the true essence of the subject matter. India has had a series of con
Popular Lawyers in India