16 July 2018 06:02PM
· INACTIVE means a case is pending, however, the court can make no further move until the point when some occasion reestablishes the case to the dynamic caseload. For instance, a case might be latent on the grounds that the litigant neglected to show up, a seat warrant was issued for the respondent's arrest, and the case can't continue until the point that the litigant is arrested and conveyed to court.
· CLOSED or ADJUDICATED implies the case is shut in light of the fact that the case has been expelled or a judgment has been entered so no further action by the court is required. In spite of the fact that a case is arbitrated, it may not be at last disposed until the point that all remarkable court requests and authorizes are completely conformed to by the parties. For example, there might be an exceptionally fine or the need to finish a network benefit prerequisite.
· CLOSED or CASE CLOSED-JUDGMENT SATISFIED means the case is disposed of because of the satisfactory nature of the judgment.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF A CASE STATUS?
The two forms of case status officially recognized by Indian Courts are "Pending" and "Decided".
§ Decided alludes to cases in which "no further proceedings remain to be directed as proved by the last judgment or other order of the court." (Trial Rule 77(G)(1).
§ Pending alludes to all cases which are not decided.
· if a case has been filed against you,
· if a case is "pending," or "continuous" in another state, that is, a case has been recorded and has not gone further to judgment,
· if there is a past custody order or a present custody order in another state.
Now and again you may think you are separated however you don't know. You might need to verify whether a separation has been recorded and has gone to judgment out of state.
Different states publish different records online.
Most states give civil case records and family law cases.
Civil cases - Civil cases will be cases in which one individual sues another, frequently for cash. They include:
· debt collection,
· small claims,
· personal damage cases and
· medical negligence.
Family law cases -- Family law cases include:
· guardianship, and
· domestic violence.
Some websites list traffic violations
· driving without a license and insurance,
· drunk driving,
· operating a motor vehicle unsafely and
Some states put criminal records online
Data on criminal records and driving infringement may be valuable on the off chance that you are battling a regulated appearance or custody case - particularly if there were a ton of genuine petty criminal offenses and a ton of warrants issued on the grounds that the individual neglected to appear for court.
PROCEDURE TO KNOW THE CASE STATUS:
You'll need to know the accused person's name
· Once a person has been charged police should provide you with details about how to find the date, time and place of the court hearing. This includes the name of the accused person.
· Once you have this information you can find out when and where the case will be heard, and get information about the outcome.
Contact police if you don't know the accused person's name
· If police gave you a ‘Notice to the Victim’ form when you reported the crime, it should have the name and contact details of the police investigator working on your case. Sometimes, police will send this form to you in the mail.
· The form might also have an 'Incident Number'. This is the number police use to keep track of the case. When you contact the police investigator, tell them the Incident Number from your form.
· Sometimes it can be difficult to get in contact with the police investigator looking after your case. Police officers work different day and night shifts, and sometimes they may have a few days off in a row.
If you are having trouble contacting the police investigator:
· Call the police station listed under 'Member Station' on your Notice to the Victim Form. You can find the phone number for the station on the Victoria Police website (External link)
· Ask to speak with the officer in charge.
· If you don't have a ‘Notice to the Victim’ form, call the Victims of Crime Helpline on 1800 819 817.
Find the date of the court hearing:
Using the accused person's name, the easiest way find the date of the court hearing is via the court's website:
You can also call the court directly, giving them the name of the accused person:
· Magistrates' Court - Call: 03 9628 7777 and choose option one
· County Court Criminal Registry - Call: 03 8636 6570
· Supreme Court Principal Registry - Call: 03 9603 9300
Always check the case details the day before
The court process can take some time and court dates often get changed or delayed. The prosecution team will do their best to let you know if this happens. Sometimes delays happen at short notice and can even happen on the day of the case. Make sure you check the case details the day before the original scheduled court date.
Get information about the outcome
· The law in Victoria says that police should provide you with information about the outcome of the court case.
· If you are finding it hard to get information from the police officer in charge of your case, you can apply to the courts for information or specific documents, such as a copy of the final decision or a written record of what happened at the hearing (called a transcript).
27 July 2018 05 30 PM
At the conclusion of a trial in a lower court, for example, the Supreme Court, the party who lost might need to have that choice explored by a higher court with the expectation that it may be turned around or changed. In such cases, an "appeal" is made to the Court of Appeal
17 July 2018 11 49 AM
WHAT IS A CASE STATUS? • The "case status" information field demonstrates the present stage of a case. • ACTIVE means the case is progressing and additionally activity is as yet pending. The court has not yet settled on a choice or issued an order or judgment for the situation.
06 July 2018 04 29 PM
What is a torrent? Many people know torrents as a popular tool used for downloading music and movies from the internet but what is a torrent exactly? In technical terms, a torrent file is which carries metadata. This means that a torrent file carries information about content like the music or the
15 September 2017 03 45 PM
As India approaches towards its 70th jubilee of independence, Indian judicial system seems to be at threshold of transformation .Under this premise, let’s have a look into top 10 interesting cases that has set milestones and brought insights to the nuances in the Legal system
17 August 2017 01 11 PM
The Indian legal system is faced by the contradictory duality of victims fighting desperately for justice on one side, while innocent persons are trapped in the shackles of law by frivolous litigations; and striking the right balance of stringency of law at a level where the innocent are not put in
09 August 2017 04 56 PM
India has witnessed a catena of cases and judgments that altered the tide of law in India, and here we enlist for you 24 top such decisions that played a major role in shaping the Indian Legal System.
Popular Lawyers in India